Homemade vintage chest of draws
Quick and easy!
For when you want to revamp something you already own and make it your own.
I was bought this beautiful plain mini chest of draws for Christmas, as my friend knew that I would find some way of making it my own, the homemade way. Well it has only taken me 8 months but I have finally gotten around to making it happen. Customising things or making things yourself at home is a great way of adding your stamp to it, making it your own and having a fun hobby. Creating homemade goodies is so much fun and very satisfying. I would suggest this idea to anyone as you don’t have to be the best artist in the world to get the look you want. it is quick and easy.
This is How I revamped mine.
- Find the perfect paint and colour that you would want to use, I chose nutmeg white for a vintage look.
- Buy some paint brushes, different sizes for different jobs.
- Remove the draws and start painting the outside of the shell.
- Paint the face of each draw.
- Allow all to dry for the recommend time shown on paint pot
- Once all dry place draws back inside the slots
- If you want to make it more rustic then take some sand paper and lightly rub the paint until satisfied with the look you get.
- You can now fill the draws with lots of exciting things and find the perfect place to display you homemade creation.